Recipe Courtesy of Brooke from Cheeky Kitchen
Cooking meatballs inside of mushrooms, instead of serving them on pasta, makes for a delicious dish that satisfies any time of the year, but especially during those autumn months when you’re craving warmth!
1 (15 ounce) can crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon sugar
16 baby bella mushroom caps
16 1″-square slices of mozzarella
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a shallow baking dish, add the tomatoes, garlic, basil, salt, and sugar. Stir to mix.
- Place the mushroom caps on top of the tomato sauce. Place meatballs inside the mushroom caps. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and top each meatball with mozzarella.
- Drizzle olive oil over the mushrooms and meatballs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Return to oven and bake for 10-15 minutes more, until the cheese melts and turns a light golden brown. Remove from oven, serve, and enjoy!