1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (10 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 large onion, chopped
4 slices bacon, chopped
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
1 (17.25 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, onion and bacon; cook and stir for about 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Reduce the heat to medium, and add the cream and dill; cook and stir for about 10 more minutes. Remove from the heat, and stir in the cheese.
- Place one sheet of puff pastry on a well oiled baking sheet, and pour the mushroom filling over the top. Cover with the other sheet, and press the edges together to seal. Make some holes in the top with a fork. Brush the top with beaten egg.
- Bake for about 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Cool, then cut into squares to serve
* This recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com