About Us

Think Green with our new Tills

by Monterey Mushrooms on October 20, 2011

Our new sustainable tills and fresh innovative labels are winners!

Monterey’s new sustainable tills and fresh innovative labels were recognized by the Produce Marketing Association with their Impact Award for Packaging. This is a prestigious award chosen from the entire produce industry and over a hundred entries. New innovations like our new packaging, continue to drive Monterey’s future and set us ahead of the competition. The future is bright for Monterey Mushrooms!

{ 19 comments… read them below or add one }

Family vacation spots October 31, 2011 at 9:33 am

I really liked your blog! It helped me alot… Awesome. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

marg November 14, 2011 at 9:56 am

Hello!
I’m just writing to say thank you for repackaging your mushrooms! My family I love your mushrooms; however, I have always hated your old blue styrofoam containers and felt guilty disposing the non-recyclable/non-degradable tills. I was shopping in a Dominick’s grocery and spotted your new tills – so much more inviting to buy and so much better for the environment!

Genevieve Navar Franklin November 15, 2011 at 10:19 pm

I just purchased a container of your mushrooms and, like the customer above, immediately noticed the positive changes. I sought out your website on the label in order to thank you for your excellent, low-waste packaging – cardboard and minimal plastic wrap. I’ll continue to choose your brand, not only for the quality of your mushrooms, but for your commitment to good environmental practices. Truly impressive! Your award is well-deserved. May others emulate your practices.

Megan January 1, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Hi,

I live in Maine and do not have access to your products, but I am impressed by and respect your effort to use sustainable packaging. Do you have any suggestions for reuse of the old blue containers?

Happy Customer January 10, 2012 at 1:04 pm

i totally agree

jeff January 10, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Way to go on the new package. Caught my eye and into the cart it went. Happy to purchase from a company that is is moving forward with environmentally responsible packaging. My mushroom dollars are on Monterey! Thanks.

Gia Lambrecht January 14, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Thank you for your article.Thanks Again. Awesome.

Sandy January 17, 2012 at 12:29 pm

I would also like to say thank you for changing your packaging. I was amazed by the number of old containers I could accumulate. My friends and I would use them to organize items in our kitchen drawers and in the workshop. However, I had more than enough, but managed to find homes for most of them. I won’t be able to share like I have in the past, but will love being able to recyle the containers. Hats off to you for your change in packaging.

Rachel February 6, 2012 at 11:41 am

Thank you so much for switching the packaging to from the blue foam! My family and I were so pleased to see it that we are buying more mushrooms & planning more reciepes with YOUR mushrooms in them. I am glad to support a company that cares about the environment and listens to customers’ concerns. Thank you!!!!

Sally Dupre' March 3, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Thank you for the new package! No more blue foam! I am very happy and will continue to love your product and the packaging now!!! Thanks you supporting our wonderful planets environment.

Samantha March 18, 2012 at 9:59 am

Hi! I’ve been buying your mushrooms for years and grew up watching my mom do the same. I was pleasantly surprised by the new packaging the other day. The best part…. the package can be re-made into a cute Easter basket with some crafty touches! Thanks for the re-use opportunity.

wholesale men clothing March 20, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Great, thanks for sharing this article post.Much thanks again. Fantastic.

stacey March 24, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Just bought your mushrooms at the store. Love the new packaging with the recipe on the bottom, I might add. Good job at being “green”. We live about 5 miles from one of your growing sites!

Nydia Olivares April 27, 2012 at 4:37 pm

I’m writting you because we are very happy with the new package’s material. Recyclable, reusable and more than that it shows how much Monterey Mushrooms care about the environment. Congratulations for the Reward, you deserve it!!!

Jill Musser May 14, 2012 at 10:51 am

Kudos to you for recyle-able packaging. If only all food packaging would get on the band wagon! As we all know, mountains of styrofoam is just the worst going into the landfills! I love your mushrooms and I will always buy them also because you are being envirnomentally responsible. Thank you!

Valice Raffi August 15, 2012 at 4:57 pm

I was very happy to see your new packaging. I thought it was brand new, but when I went to your web to compliment you, I saw that it’s not “very” new packaging – probably because I live in New Mexico and it’s the land of manaña! Kudos for the packaging!

Joyce October 7, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I just purchased your sliced mushrooms at Hy-Vee in Sycamore, IL. Not only am I happy with the quality and to purchase from a company in the USA; it’s good to know that I am also buying ‘local’. Princeton, IL is not far away! I am VERY pleased that you are using eco-friendly packaging. Thank you!

Bettie Blocksome April 9, 2014 at 5:47 pm

I like the new packaging for your mushrooms. Will the coating on the cardboard be safe for the microbes in my compost pile, or should I put them in the recycling bin?

Monterey Mushrooms April 11, 2014 at 12:56 pm

The coating is aqueous and will decompose with the paper. We advise you to cut it up in pieces before putting on the compost pile, and Thank You for you comment.