Monterey Mushrooms is proud of our Quality Assurance and Food Safety Program. We want our customers to feel confident that when they purchase any of our fine Monterey products that they are receiving safe, fresh and delicious product. Our mushrooms are grown, harvested, packed and shipped with the commitment to fulfilling your expectations for Quality.
Because mushrooms are grown indoors the standard Good Agricultural Practice (GAP) has been custom tailored to the mushroom industry. We currently operate according to the Mushroom Good Agricultural Practices (MGAP), developed in 2008 in conjunction with Penn State University, the American Mushroom Institute, and the USDA.
We also adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as outlined in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulations and follow the guidelines of the Hazardous Analysis and Critical Control Point program (HACCP).
As part of our commitment to food safety, Monterey Mushroom farms employ a three tier audit program conducted according to the requirements of MGAP and GMPs.
- The first tier is a rigorous self audit program that each farm conducts on a monthly basis.
- The second tier is an annual audit conducted by the Monterey Corporate Quality Assurance staff.
- Third tier audits are conducted annually by a certified, independent third party agency.
Our employees are continually trained on the latest food safety standards
- Worker hygiene
- Farm sanitation standards
- Foreign material prevention
- Environmental monitoring
- Pest control
- The ability to know where your product came from and where it was shipped is critical to any established food safety program.
- Monterey farms have a rigorous traceability program in place that allows us to trace the product from the source to each customer’s destination.
- Each farm is committed to satisfying the quality expectations of our customers.
- We do this through a commitment to grow high quality mushrooms and to handle them to prevent product damage or deterioration.
- The Quality Chain is maintained from our door to your door!
How To Contact Us
You are our most important link to the success and continuous improvement of our mushroom products, therefore we always welcome your feedback. If you have any questions or comments please contact us through our online contact form or call us at 1-800-333-MUSH.