Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council
Yield: 24 servings
1 lb Sweet white or red onions, diced
6 cloves Garlic; minced
1⅓ cups Jalapeno peppers; finely chopped
2½ cups Fresh lime juice
2½ cups Fresh orange juice
4 lbs Chicken breast halves or thighs; boned and skinned
2 oz. Garlic; finely chopped
2 cups Fresh lime juice
4 lbs Top sirloin of beef
3 lbs Spicy pork sausage, e.g. chorizo
2 lbs Fresh White or Crimini mushrooms
Vegetable oil as needed
Coarse salt as needed
Fresh ground pepper as needed
To make salsa, mix ingredients all together.
1. Layer chicken in shallow pan. Sprinkle with garlic and pour lime juice over all.
2. Refrigerate up to 4 hours, turning occasionally.
3. Cut beef in 1½ inch cubes.
4. Cut uncooked sausages into 1½ inch lengths.
5. For each 2-serving platter, thread 5 ounces chicken onto a skewer; 5 ounces beef onto another skewer; 4 ounces sausage pieces onto another skewer; and 8 mushrooms onto another skewer. Refrigerate
6. Brush skewered meats and mushrooms with oil. Grill or broil beef and chicken, turning frequently, just until browned and as ordered, about 8 minutes.
7. Grill or broil sausage and mushrooms until browned, about 4 minutes. Salt and pepper.
8. Serve with ½ cup salsa on side.