Recipe Courtesy of the Mushroom Council and Produce for Better Health Foundation
A balanced plate of savory chicken and mushrooms with the sweetness of raisins and red bell peppers will make this curried one-pan MyPlate recipe a family favorite.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 1/2 cups
- 1 ½ tsp olive oil, extra virgin or virgin
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 12 oz), diced into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups sliced fresh white mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- ½ medium red bell pepper, cut to ¾” squares
- 2 cups chicken broth, lower sodium
- 1 cup Sun-Maid raisins
- 2 cups instant whole grain rice
- 1 ½ Tbsp curry powder
Heat olive oil in large sauté pan. With heat on medium-high, place chicken in pan and cover with lid. Cook chicken about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and peppers to pan and sauté 3-4 minutes. Add chicken broth. Gently mix in raisins, rice and curry powder; bring to boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer until rice is done; fluff with fork and let sit 3-5 minutes before serving. *Time-saving ideas: Purchase sliced mushrooms, fresh or frozen bell pepper strips and diced chicken.
Calories: 440; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 55mg; Sodium: 410mg; Protein: 27g; Carbohydrates: 71g; Dietary Fiber: 6g