Nothing will get the family’s attention like a cheeseburger quesadilla. Filled with all your favorite traditional burger toppings, this blend recipe is a fun new way to eat a “cheeseburger” will surely have the kids asking for seconds.
Recipe courtesy of Mushrooms Canada.
- 8 ounces fresh Monterey Mushrooms® baby bella mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 2 small roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dill pickles, sliced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons relish
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- Place mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large saucepan, brown mushrooms until moisture has been released, approximately 5-6 minutes. Add onion, beef and garlic, continue to cook for 10 minutes or until ground beef is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine all burger sauce ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place one tortilla in the bottom of a dry grill pan. Sprinkle with cheese, red onion, tomatoes, and dill pickles. Spoon on meat mixture. Top with the second tortilla. If your grill pan comes with a Panini press (lid) place preheated press on top of tortilla. If no press is available, carefully flip the quesadilla over using a spatula.
- Remove from skillet and cut into wedges. Serve topped with fresh shredded lettuce and burger sauce.
Are you intimidated by the concept of blending mushrooms with ground meat? If so, visit our Blending with Fresh Mushrooms web page to view easy step-by-step instructions with illustrations to take the guess work out of the equation. Don't be nervous- once you understand this concept, it's easy to incorporate in your everyday favorite ground meat dishes.