Have you ever wondered what mushrooms taste like in tacos? Well, here is a recipe that is perfect for you! When mushrooms are blended with meat it delivers a tremendous amount of flavor. If you are one of those people who doesn’t like mushrooms then all you have to do is add in more ground meat and less mushrooms. It’s that easy.
In addition, just one taco can contain a lot of sodium and fat. The solution for creating a taco dish that is healthier while still delicious is blending mushrooms with your favorite taco meat. This recipe has a spicy twist from the Let's Blend® pre-chopped mushrooms; the only additional ingredients are cabbage, cilantro and a lime wedge to "spice" it up.
We all try to eat healthier. One way to do that is to add at least one extra serving of vegetables and minimize your sodium and calorie intake. With this recipe, it's mission accomplished!
- 8 oz. Let’s Blend® Mexican Finely Diced Mushrooms
- 16 oz. Ground Pork
- 12-14 Corn Tortilla Shells
- 1 Cup Finely Shredded Cabbage
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Cilantro
- 2 Limes
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Wash cabbage. Chop thin strips to shred. Chop cilantro. Cut lime into quarters.
- Combine Let’s Blend mushrooms and ground pork in a bowl. Mix well.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add mushroom and meat mixture, stirring occasionally. Cook until browned and internal temperature reaches 165°F (about 6 minutes).
- Assemble tacos by adding 2 tablespoons of mushroom and meat mixture, 1 tablespoon shredded cabbage and a sprinkle of cilantro.