Specialty Packs are available. Additional information upon request.
King trumpet, beech, maitake, shiitake, oyster, & enoki… There are very few fresh foods that are equally beautiful, and fun to say! We’re now offering a conventional and organic specialty mushroom line to satisfy our consumers wildest cravings. Specialty mushrooms are easy to use and versatile in the kitchen. Our award-winning sustainable packaging includes graphics to inspire usage ideas, interesting facts and simple how-to instructions. Our paper tills are recyclable, biodegradable & compostable.
Pack Sizes and Availability
All Monterey Mushrooms products are packed in 3 or 5 or 10 pound bulk foodservice cases and are available year round in most markets.
Storage and Handling
- Immediately refrigerate after receiving. Store between 34°-38°F and 85-90% humidity.
- Mushrooms keep for at least a week in the refrigerator.
- Keep mushrooms in original packaging until ready to use.
- Once opened, store mushrooms in a brown paper bag.
- Fresh Mushrooms should never be frozen, but frozen sautéed mushrooms will keep for up to a month.
- Do not store near pungent items as mushrooms may absorb strong odors.
- Do not stack heavy items on top of mushroom containers.
- Do not wash before storage. When ready to use, wipe gently with damp cloth or soft brush to remove dirt. For volume preparation, quickly rinse in cool water; drain. Shake gently to remove excess water. Do not soak mushrooms because they absorb water which speeds up deterioration.
Menu Application and Usage
Monterey Mushrooms products enhance a variety of dishes and fit a wide range of menus:
- Top burgers or sandwiches with grilled or sautéed mushrooms.
- Grill whole Portabellas for rich, meaty vegetarian sandwiches or burgers.
- Stuff Portabella caps or jumbo white mushrooms with a variety of fillings.
- Top pizza with sliced white mushrooms or Portabellas.
- Toss mushrooms into stir-fry, pasta or salad.
- Sauté, braise or grill to enhance entrees, soups, sauces and stuffings.
- Marinate or sauté and serve as a side dish.