Arguably the most important and Instagram-able meal of the day, BREAKFAST! I LOOOOVE BREAKFAST! This is my go-to breakfast bowl for Saturday or Sunday morning. Simple, healthy, delicious. The Let’s Blend® Italian Finely Diced Mushrooms add flavor, texture and boost my morning nutritional intake.
- 8 oz. Let’s Blend® Italian Finely Diced Mushrooms
- 1/2 lb ground pork sausage
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup Green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 eggs
- Combine Let’s Blend® mushrooms and ground sausage in a bowl. Mix well. (Or skip this step and add both to oiled pan.)
- Wash and dice sweet potato, bell pepper, onion, tomatoes and avocado.
- Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushroom sausage blend. Cook for 10 minutes until mushroom mixture is browned and internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- In a separate medium, nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes and cook until soft, about 7 minutes. Add bell peppers and onions; cook until slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- In a separate small or medium, nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Fry egg to desired doneness.
- Mix the mushroom-sausage mixture into the veggie mixture. Top with avocado, cherry tomatoes and egg.