This is a spin off of the original blended burger recipe--the first blended recipe was created by the Mushroom Council and a host of esteemed culinary experts.
Once you try this delicious, better-for-you slider, with one simple ingredient added – mushrooms -- we are convinced it will make you a Blenditarian.
Who doesn't love sliders?
- 1 pound Monterey Mushrooms crimini or white button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small to medium red onion
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16 slider buns or rolls
- Finely dice mushrooms, onions and thyme or gently pulse in food processor.
- In skillet, warm 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium-high heat and add mushrooms, sauté 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
- Transfer cooled mushrooms to medium bowl. Add ground beef, salt, and pepper mixing until combined. Make 16 slider patties. Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to pan and cook burger patties on medium-high heat until desired doneness. Plate and add desired toppings to bun.
Topping recommendations:Fresh tomato, red onion, butter lettuce, cheddar cheese and your favorite spreads.
Are you intimidated by the concept of blending mushrooms with ground meat? If so, visit our Blending with Fresh Mushrooms web page to view easy step-by-step instructions with illustrations to take the guess work out of the equation. Don't be nervous, once you understand the concept, it's easy to incorporate into your everyday favorite ground meat dishes.