We’re thankful for mushrooms! What are you thankful for this season?
With Thanksgiving just a few days away, we’ve been reflecting on all the things we’re thankful for this year. As you can probably guess, mushrooms made the top of our list.
We may sound like fungi fanatics, but the mighty mushroom brings so much to the plate! Here’s what we mean:
- When we’re trying to keep our meals lighter and healthier, mushrooms add volume and fullness while being free of fat and cholesterol.
- Mushrooms are the only source of vitamin D in the produce aisle, which our bodies crave in these darker, colder months.
- Mushrooms are versatile and fit into just about any recipe we can think up.
- They make an easy, healthy snack when simply sautéed, microwaved or roasted.
- When chopped and blended with meat, mushrooms can add a serving of veggies and enhance the flavor of the dish (without letting picky eaters know they’re even there!).
What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? Whether or not mushrooms are on your list, these recipes will bring flavor and fun to your holiday festivities.
Thanksgiving Recipe Favorites
Smother your turkey and mashed potatoes with a generous serving of this mushroom-filled, homemade gravy. Click here to get the recipe.
Mama Jill's Mushroom Stuffing
Upgrade your traditional Thanksgiving stuffing by adding chopped mushrooms using The Blend. Click here to get the recipe.
Blended Green Bean Casserole
Upgrade your traditional Green Bean CAsserole by adding chopped mushrooms using The Blend. Click here to get the recipe.
Mushroom, Apple And Walnut Stuffed Acorn Squash
This recipe includes your favorite savory mushrooms and crunchy celery— sautéed with creamy butter, earthy sage and vegetable stock. Click here to get the recipe.
Homemade Mushroom Ham Cheese Pockets
These homemade mushroom, ham and cheese-filled squares are golden-brown delights, with very few ingredients. Use your left over ham to make these the day after Thanksgiving. Click here to get the recipe.
Want more festive recipes?
Download our Free Holiday Recipes Cookbook featuring the mighty mushroom!