Mushroom gravy is great - especially when it's gluten-free so the whole party can enjoy it!
1 Tbsp. butter*
2 tsp. minced garlic
16 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
4 Tbsp. butter*
4 Tbsp. gluten-free flour (1:1 All Purpose Flour)
2 cup chicken broth
2 tsp. coconut aminos
2 tsp. fresh thyme
2 tsp. fresh sage
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
3-4 Tbsp of water for desired consistency (or more if you like a thinner gravy)
*substitute ghee for lactose-free gravy
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and cook 5-7 minutes until golden and the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated.
- Add the remaining butter and allow to melt.
- Add the flour and whisk continuously with the butter for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Incorporate the mushrooms into the flour and butter and whisk for about 30 seconds,
- Add the chicken broth, coconut aminos, thyme, sage, salt and pepper. Whisk until gravy is thickened.
- Once gravy has thickened, cover and simmer on low, stirring occasionally for 5-10 minutes.
- Add water a Tbsp. at a time until the gravy has reached your desired consistency. Enjoy!
Serve over turkey, mashed potatoes or on top of green beans.