Fed up of the same boring winter food? Take your taste buds on an exotic tour of the with this delicious Thai-Style Coconut Chicken Soup recipe from the Mushroom Council.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons Gourmet Garden Lemongrass Stir-In Paste
- 3 large shallots, chopped
- 1/2 cup lightly dried cilantro, divided
- 4 cups chicken stock
- two 14 ounce cans full fat coconut milk, well shaken
- 8 oz. Monterey Mushrooms®, sliced (Whites or Baby Bellas)*
- 1 whole breast of rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 3 tablespoons lime hoice
- 2 tablespoons lightly dried chili pepper, divided
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
*Selecting Monterey Mushrooms® "High Vitamin D" Mushrooms will provide you with 400 IU's of vitamin D per 3 oz serving, which is 50% of the Daily Value as recommended by the FDA.
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Add lemongrass, shallots, 2 tablespoons cilantro; cook until shallots are softened, 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and coconut milk; bring to boil; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes. (For a smoother soup, pour broth through a fine mesh strainer and discard solid. Rinse saucepan and return strained broth to pan.)
- Reduce heat to medium, add mushrooms; cook 3 minutes, add chicken. Cook 5 minutes then remove from heat.
- Stir lime juice and 1 tablespoon chili pepper into soup. Serve sprinkled with remaining cilantro, chili pepper, green onions and lime wedges.