The earthy mushrooms are the perfect addition to classic avocado toast. It all comes together quickly for an easy meal in minutes. It is the perfect snack for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. Monterey Mushrooms®, sliced (Whites or Baby Bellas)
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 shallot or onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado
- 2 slices of whole-grain bread
- Add butter and olive oil to a medium pan.
- Pour in mushrooms and make sure you don't crowd the pan with mushrooms, or they can become soggy.
- Stir until the mushrooms are covered in butter then let them cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the thyme and diced onion. Stir and let it cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add in the garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Let them cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Slice avocado and place on toast.
- Smash with a fork to smooth it out.
- Add mushrooms. Add salt and pepper to taste.