The Blended Chicken Cheese Burger is the latest and greatest spin on the Blended Burger. As summer grilling season arises, this healthy and easy-to-make burger will quickly become your new favorite.
- 1/3 pound mushrooms, finely chopped (5-6 medium-sized creminis)
- 1 pound of 95% lean ground chicken
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic & herb seasoning
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 slices of slices of American cheese
- Lettuce, tomato, onion, mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, pickles
- Place the mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large bowl combine mushrooms, chicken, onion and garlic; mix all ingredients until incorporated. Form into 6 patties (1/4 pound) and place onto a baking sheet. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Cook patties either on the barbecue or on the stove-top until internal temperature reaches 160°F. During last minute of cooking top patties with cheese. Keep warm until cheese begins to melt.
- Place patty on warmed bun and top with lettuce, tomato and red onion.