Shepherd's pie is a classic dish for a reason, this is an updated version that's sure to satisfy the biggest of appetites. Made from a blend of ground beef, chopped mushrooms and mixed vegetables and topped with whipped mashed potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling water for 15-20 minutes, or until tender. Drain and return to saucepan. Add milk and mash until potatoes are smooth.
- Place the mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large skillet, cook meat, mushrooms, onion and seasoning until meat is no longer pink. Drain if needed. Stir in flour; cook and stir 1 min. Add broth, vegetables, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste and salt; cook 5 min., stirring occasionally.
- Spoon into 9 inch ×13 inch baking dish, cover with mashed potatoes.
- Bake 20 minutes or until heated through. Remove from oven and top with shredded cheese; bake 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.