This recipe is quick and easy. Mushrooms sautéed in butter with onions, garlic and finished with a dollop of sour cream are a sure win. Great served as a side dish or placed on top of breaded fish, a grilled chicken breast or over rice.
- 1 oz Monterey Mushrooms® Dried Chanterelle Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To reconstitute, wash Chanterelle mushrooms then place in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak mushrooms for 20-30 minutes before using.
- One ounce reconstituted Chanterelle Mushrooms equals 3-4 ounces fresh.
- Slice reconstituted Chanterelles lengthwise.
- Sauté onions in olive oil for a few minutes.
- Lower heat; add garlic and mushrooms, and cook for 4 minutes or until most liquid is gone from mushrooms.
- Sprinkle mushrooms with marjoram; cover and cook 8 more minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and cook on low for 2 minutes. Do not let the cream boil.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.