In this recipe, I take the soup we made in a previous recipe and turn it into a fancy, yet super simple, appetizer. While the appetizer bakes, put together a flour tree by placing parchment paper in the shape of Christmas tree, with a hollow center.
- 8 oz. Monterey® Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- Frozen puff pastry shells
- Your favorite creamy mushroom soup
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh rosemary - 2 sprigs
- Sliced aged swiss cheese - cut into strips
- A shot glass (it'll make sense in a minute)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange puff pastry shells on a lined cookie sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While pastry dough is cooking, heat your favorite mushroom soup on the stove. You can even use the left over soup from the night before! You only need about a cup or so.
- Slice Monterey® Baby Bella mushrooms. Add extra virgin olive oil to a warm sautee pan. Add Monterey® Baby Bella mushrooms and a couple pinches of fresh rosemary. Sautee until golden brown. Set aside.
- Have a shot glass ready. Remove the cooked shells from the oven. Poke down the centers of the shells with the shot glass. It'll create a reservoir for the mushroom soup.
- To assemble: cross two strips of the sliced swiss into each of the pastry shells. Scoop 2 T or so of mushroom soup into each shell. Top with a sautéed slice of Monterey® Baby Bella mushroom and a pinch of rosemary for garnish.