This is our delicious mushroom soup. Easy, healthy and yummy, this is sure to be a favorite this season.
It only takes 10 minutes to prepare our special Easy Mushroom Soup, so if you're looking for something quick that the whole family can enjoy this winter, this is the recipe for you.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 ounces crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 4 ounces white button mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- Sliced sautéed mushrooms for garnish, optional
- Chopped parsley for garnish, optional
- 1 cup Milk, cream or other dairy, optional
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large pot such as a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and shallot, cook for 1 minute, until they begin to soften. Add the mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes, until tender and browned. Transfer all the contents of the pot to a bowl.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter to the pot. Once melted, sprinkle in the flour and whisk it quickly into a paste. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the stock a little at a time, whisking out the clumps between each addition.
- Increase the heat back to medium-high and allow the soup to simmer well for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms back to the pot and continue to cook for 2 more minutes. The stock will thicken slightly to be somewhat creamy.
- Let cook for 3 to 4 minutes, then ladle into bowls. Garnish with mushrooms and parsley, if desired.