This is an easy way to make your mushrooms last. Since mushrooms are about 95% water, it is important to sauté them before freezing them. It will leave you with better quality mushrooms after you defrost them.
- 16 oz. Monterey Mushrooms®, sliced (Whites or Baby Bellas)
- Sauté the mushrooms in a medium pan for 7 minutes on each side - only flip them once for best results.
- Spread them out on a cookie sheet.
- Place them in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Take them out and place them in a freezer-safe bag.
Feel free to add yummy spices, onions, shallots and/or garlic. It will only make your frozen mushrooms better when defrosted. Try our sautéed mushroom recipe.