If you love Mexican food, then burritos are probably at the top of the list of meals you crave. We created our version with Let’s Blend® Mexican Finely Diced Mushrooms to make a burrito that's healthier but tasty! Ole!
- 8 oz. White or Brown Finely Diced Mushrooms
- 1/2 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Reduced Sodium Refried Beans
- 4 Large Flour Tortillas
- 1 Cup Cooked Spanish Rice
- 2 Cup Shredded Lettuce
- 1/2 Cup Salsa
- 1/2 Cup Guacamole (optional)
- 1/2 Cup Fat Free Sour Cream (optional)
- 3/4 Cup Shredded Part Skim Cheddar cheese
- Combine Let’s Blend® mushrooms and ground beef in a bowl. Mix well.
- Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushroom beef blend. Cook for 10 minutes until mushroom mixture is browned and internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Spread the refried beans over each tortilla. Spoon in rice, and top with the mushroom mixture, lettuce, salsa and optional guacamole and sour cream. Sprinkle with cheese, and roll up burritos.
- Coat a hot nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Place the burritos, seam side down, and toast on both sides for 3 to 4 minutes until heated through.
- Did you know? If you don't have our Let's Blend® product on hand, you can still make this recipe by Blending with Fresh Mushrooms. For easy step-by-step instructions with illustrations that will take the guess work out of the equation, visit our Blending with Fresh Mushrooms website. Or, jump to our Fresh Mushroom Blend recipes by clicking the button below: