This easy mushroom stir-fry is loaded with flavor and has the most delicious sauce.
- 1-1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1-1/2 oz Monterey Mushrooms® Dried Mushrooms (any variety or a mixture of many)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 oz ground pork
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 block firm tofu, diced
- 2 green onions cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 egg, beaten (optional)
- Blanch in boiling water for 2-5 minutes, or soak 30 minutes warm water.
- One ounce of reconstituted mushrooms equals approximately 4 ounces of fresh mushrooms.
- Dissolve sugar in a small bowl with the coconut aminos and white wine.
- Slice the reconstituted mushrooms.
- Thoroughly combine the garlic with the ground pork.
- In a heated work or fry pan, add the oil, then ginger and pork.
- Cook over high heat, mashing the pork to ensure it doesn’t lump together.
- When the pork has lost its pink, cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and carrot; cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tofu.
- Add the sauce and green onions; stir.
- Add the egg and stir until egg is cooked.
Serve with rice, over breaded fish, or on top of a grilled chicken breast.