These meatless fajitas celebrate Mexican tradition without the extra calories, fat or sodium that meat platters often bear. Savory, sliced mushrooms sizzle in butter or oil with your favorite fajita or taco seasoning, brightly colored bell peppers and sharp onion. Because the list of ingredients is short, these fresh, tortilla-stuffed delights only take 20 minutes to make. Top them with all the salsa, guac and cheesy goodness you desire— or keep it simple and light.
- 1 (12 oz) package Monterey® Sliced Portabella Mushrooms
- 1 Tbl Fajita or Taco Seasoning
- 2 Tbl oil or butter
- 2 bell peppers (any color you choose), cored and sliced
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 8 medium tortillas, warmed
- Salsa, shredded cheese, sour cream,and/or guacamole, for serving
- Warm a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 Tbl oil or butter, Monterey® Sliced Portabella Mushrooms, sliced bell peppers and onions to the skillet and cook for about 7-8 minutes, until slightly tender.
- Add the Fajita/Taco Seasoning, mix well and cook 1-2 minutes or until mushrooms reach desired tenderness. Remove from heat.
- Serve immediately in warm tortilla with desired toppings such as salsa, shredded cheese, sour cream, and/or guacamole.