Thanks to the Mushroom Council for this inspirational veggie-forward recipe! This bowl can be eaten any time of day- a hearty, healthy breakfast, a simple dinner or an easy lunch.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped kale
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 portabella mushroom caps, cleaned and thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 bunches chard or baby bok choy, sliced
- 1 cup zucchini noodles or other types of noodles
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 4 large eggs, fried
- To make the topping, heat the olive oil in a medium-skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute. Add the kale and cook for 2 more minutes, until wilted. Let cool to room temperature.
- Spoon the yogurt into a small food processor or cup of a single serving blender. Add the tahini, curry powder, and salt. Add the kale and garlic. Pulse in 10 second intervals until the kale is finely chopped and all ingredients are combined. Set aside.
- Start on the breakfast bowls by heating the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium-skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and toss to cook in the oil for 5 minutes, until they become tender. Toss with the salt. Transfer the mushrooms to a bowl and add the chard or bok choy to the hot skillet. Cook on medium-heat for 1 minute, until it begins to wilt. Remove from heat.
- Assemble the breakfast by adding an equal amount of zucchini noodles to each of four bowls. Top with greens, sliced mushrooms, and red bell pepper. Add a large dollop of the topping and place an egg in each bowl. Serve right away.