Colorful vegetables, earthy mushrooms, and a delicious sauce come together perfectly for a healthy quick stir-fry.
Thank you Kiss in the Kitchen for this delicious recipe.
- 2 tbsps avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 red onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick carrots
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 6 oz snow peas
- 12 oz Monterey Mushrooms® Umami Blend Mushrooms (sliced Shiitake, Oysters and Baby Bellas*)
- 2 tbsps sesame oil
- 4 tbsps coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 2 1/2 tbsps maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp Chinese five-spice
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger or ginger paste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Chives, chopped
- Rice of choice
*Selecting Monterey Mushrooms® "High Vitamin D" Mushrooms will provide you with 400 IU's of vitamin D per 3 oz serving, which is 50% of the Daily Value as recommended by the FDA.
- Heat skillet on the stovetop to medium heat.
- Add 2 Tbsp avocado oil and 2 cloves minced garlic to skillet.
- Sauté garlic for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add red onion, carrots, peppers and snow peas to skillet. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
- While veggies are cooking, prepare the sauce by combining and whisking together sesame oil, coconut aminos, rice wine vinegar, maple syrup, Chinese five-spice, ginger, and garlic.
- Add sauce to stir fry mixture and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Remove stir fry from heat and serve over rice.