Punch up your favorite cream of mushroom soup! That's right, take any regular cream of mushroom soup and make it "WOW" your friends and family. This is super simple! Start with a classic favorite and add some pizzaz. For a personal touch, make your own creme fraiche - it's not as hard as you think.
- 8 oz. Monterey® Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- Your favorite cream of mushroom soup (Use our homemade recipe HERE)
- Red pepper flakes
- Creme fraiche
- 1 T Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh thyme
- Heat a sauce pan and add extra virgin olive oil. Add sliced Monterey Baby Bella mushrooms. Sautee until golden brown and set aside.
- Add cream of mushroom soup and heat.
- Chop 3/4 of the sliced Monterey Baby Bella musrhooms and stir into your soup with 1 tsp of chili flakes.
- Serve with a scoop of creme fraiche, chili flakes, thyme, and remaining Monterey Baby Bella mushrooms.
For another way to use this recipe in an appetizer, click over to our other recipe, Creamy Mushroom Puffed Shells.