This 7-layer salad is the perfect recipe for any type of event. This salad is filled with so many delicious vegetables and marinated mushrooms. From sweet peppers and peas to green onions and tomatoes, this salad has all the mouthwatering ingredients.
Thank you to the Mushroom Council for this tasty recipe.
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces sliced white button mushrooms
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 8 to 10 mini sweet orange and yellow bell peppers, sliced
- 1 ½ cups green peas (thawed, if frozen)
- 1 bunch radishes, quartered (about 12 radishes)
- 6 green onions, white and green portion sliced
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- To make mushrooms, whisk together olive oil, garlic, rice vinegar, chives, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir in mushrooms. Let marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- To assemble salad, layer lettuce, tomatoes and mini sweet pepper rings in a deep, clear salad bowl. Sprinkle in peas, top with radishes, and then green onions.
- Stir together mayonnaise and sour cream in a medium bowl. Mix in chives, cilantro, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Spread dressing over top of salad.
- Spoon mushrooms out of marinade and layer on top of dressing. Refrigerate for up to an hour before serving. Toss to mix all ingredients before enjoying.
The longer the mushrooms marinate the more flavor they will have. Aim for 15 to 30 minutes, but if you have time, let them sit for up to an hour.