Take your Easter feast to the next level with these delicious Mushroom and Shallot Deviled Eggs. You deserve to indulge this holiday and these creamy, flavorful treats make the perfect addition to that meal you'll be treating yourself to.
A special thanks to Food Blogger, Chrissy from Snacking in Sneakers, for sharing this amazing recipe with us. With finely chopped shallots and tasty baby bella mushrooms, these deviled eggs will have you and your whole family drooling.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp butter (or olive oil)
- 1/2 large shallot, finely chopped
- 4 ounces white or baby bella mushrooms, finely chopped (half of an 8-ounce package)
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
1. Place eggs in a pot and cover with water. Turn to medium high heat and set a timer for 18 minutes. The water will start to boil about midway through; 18 minutes is used from the start of cooking though – not the boiling point. (As an alternative, you can start to boil and then set the timer for 8 minutes from there).
2. Meanwhile, while eggs are cooking, place butter in a skillet over medium high heat. When butter has melted, add shallots and mushrooms. Cooking for around 7-8 minutes, until the mushrooms are brown and tender.
3. When eggs are done, run them under cold water or place in an ice bath. Remove the shells, then slice the eggs in half. Scoop out the yolks into a separate bowl and place the whites on a plate.
4. In the bowl with the yolks, add the mayo, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mash everything with a fork until well combined. Stir in the shallots and mushrooms.
5. Spoon filling into the halved egg whites. Top with chives. Enjoy!
% Daily Value
5 g fat
1.5 g sat fat
1 g carbohydrate (1 g net carb)
3.5 g protein
Vitamin A: 3%
Vitamin C: 1%