Chicken pot pie is a beloved comfort food, but can be a be undertaking and time commitment for the cook. I have the world's pickiest little eaters, making the thought of cooking a multi-process meal (that also has visible vegetables) sound daunting and almost pointless. With this mushroom recipe, however, I found a simple way to please everyone with a delicious meal that has little to no clean up.
One Pot Pie.... Boom!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3½ celery stalks, diced
- 2 (10.5-ounce) cans Campbell's® Healthy Request condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 (10.5-ounce) cans of Campbells™ Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1.5 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 8 o z Monterey Mushrooms®, sliced (Whites or Baby Bellas)*
- 1 (12-ounce) can Pillsbury Grands!® Jr. Golden Layers Flaky Biscuits
*Selecting Monterey Mushrooms® "High Vitamin D" Mushrooms will provide you with 400 IU's of vitamin D per 3 oz serving, which is 50% of the Daily Value as recommended by the FDA.
- Place the chicken breasts in pan and grill till fully cooked. Remove the chicken from the pan and shred into bite size pieces. Return the shredded chicken to the pan, with the mushrooms, onion and celery.
- Combine the mushroom and chicken soup, milk, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and whisk until mixed well.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 30 minutes.
- 12 minutes before serving Preheat the oven to 400°F. Bake the biscuits according to the package directions.
- About 10 minutes before serving, add parsley and frozen vegetables.
- To serve, place a heaping 1 cup of the chicken mixture in each bowl and top with a biscuit.
Butternut Squash and Mushroom Soup