Goat cheese and pancetta go together like a horse and a carriage. So, we decided to take those two ingredients and stuff a perfectly delicious baby bella mushroom with them, plus a few other great additions like green onions, garlic, and parmesan cheese. These decadent stuffed mushrooms are easy to make and give your taste buds a real treat.
16 ounces Monterey Baby Bella Mushrooms
2 Tbsp Butter
4 ounces Pancetta or Bacon, finely diced
1/2 cup Green Onions, chopped
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Dried Red Chile Flakes
4 ounces Goat Cheese (Chevre), crumbled
1/2 cup Parmesan or Romano cheese, shredded
Fresh thyme leaves for garnish
- Position rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cover a baking sheet with foil.
- Use medium-heat to melt butter in a medium-size frying pan. Add pancetta to pan and then cook for 1
to 2 minutes then mix in green onions, garlic, salt, and dried red chile flakes. Cook gently for 2 to 4
minutes just until green onions are tender. Remove from heat.
- While allowing the pancetta mix to cool, wash mushrooms and then gently snap mushroom stems to
remove them from the mushroom caps.
- In medium bowl, combine goat cheese and pancetta mixture. Stuff mushrooms with cheese mixture.
- Dip stuffed mushrooms into shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese and then place them on the foil-
covered baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for 20 to 25 minutes, until bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh thyme
leaves. Serve warm.
Serve as a side dish, appetizer or main course.