Watch these dried Woodear mushrooms transform before your eyes into a delicious dish with a kick.
- 1 oz Monterey Mushrooms® Dried Woodear Mushrooms
- 3 beef stock
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1/4 tsp five-spice seasoning
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 clove fresh crushed garlic
- 1-1/2 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup water
- Blanch in boiling water for 2-5 minutes, or soak 30 minutes in lukewarm water, wine or consommé.
- One ounce of reconstituted mushrooms equals 4 ounces of fresh Woodear Mushrooms.
- Slice the reconstituted mushrooms.
- Add all ingredients except corn starch into a medium pan.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add the corn starch and water mixture to thicken the sauce.
Add to fish, chicken, steak or rice.