This is the original -- the first blended recipe created by the Mushrooms Council and a host of chefs and other culinary experts. We want you to try this delicious, better-for-you burger, with one simple ingredient added – mushrooms. We are convinced that one bite will make you Blenditarian.
- 1/2 pound Monterey Mushrooms crimini or white button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 hamburger buns
- Finely dice mushrooms or gently pulse in food processor.
- In skillet, warm 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium-high heat and add mushrooms, sautéing 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
- Transfer cooled mushrooms to medium bowl. Add ground beef and salt, mixing until combined. Make four patties. Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to pan and cook burger patties on medium-high heat until desired doneness. Plate and add desired toppings to bun.
Topping recommendations:Fresh tomato, red onion, butter lettuce, cheddar cheese and your favorite spreads.
Are you intimidated by the concept of blending mushrooms with ground meat? If so, visit our Blending with Fresh Mushrooms web page to view easy step-by-step instructions with illustrations to take the guess work out of the equation. Don't be nervous- once you understand this concept, it's easy to incorporate in your everyday favorite ground meat dishes.