Why Are Monterey Baby Bellas Perfect for Pancetta-Stuffed Mushrooms?
What makes our Baby Bellas perfect for stuffed mushrooms with goat cheese? Monterey Baby Bella mushrooms have many cancer-fighting properties, triple the Vitamin D of fortified milk, antioxidants to support heart health, and more selenium than any other fruit or vegetable. They also last the longest and are the freshest mushrooms on the produce shelves and when stuffed and served on your plate.
To top everything off, these beautiful stuffed Baby Bella mushrooms will add some nice color to any dish, making your meals pop and your stomach full! Speaking of, let’s now dive into the ingredients and instructions needed to make the best stuffed mushrooms in just 30 minutes!
16 oz. Monterey® Baby Bella Mushrooms
2 Tbsp. Butter
4 oz. Pancetta or Bacon, finely diced
1/2 cup Green Onions, chopped
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/8 tsp. Dried Red Chile Flakes
4 oz. Goat Cheese (Chevre), crumbled
1/2 cup Parmesan or Romano cheese, shredded
Fresh thyme leaves for garnish
How To Cook Stuffed Mushrooms
- Position rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cover a baking sheet with foil.
- Use medium heat to melt butter in a medium-sized frying pan. Add pancetta to the pan and then cook for 1 to 2 minutes then mix in green onions, garlic, salt, and dried red chile flakes. Cook gently for 2 to 4 minutes just until green onions are tender. Remove from heat.
- While allowing the pancetta mix to cool, wash mushrooms and then gently snap mushroom stems to remove them from the mushroom caps.
- In medium bowl, combine goat cheese and pancetta mixture. Stuff mushrooms with cheese mixture.
- Dip stuffed mushrooms into shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese and then place them on the foil-covered baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for 20 to 25 minutes, until bubbly.
- Garnish stuffed mushrooms with fresh thyme leaves. Serve warm.
Serve as a side dish, appetizer or main course.