This recipe is reminiscent of the wildly popular grilled portabellas, however, we use button mushrooms for small bites. Bursting with flavor, this can be a clean snack that works as an appetizer, a side dish or a compliment to other items you love to skewer and grill.
Recipe courtesy of Mushrooms Canada.
- 1 pound Monterey Mushrooms large baby bellas or white stuffers, de-stemmed
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to a medium temperature.
- Cut mushroom in half. String onto skewers and place into a baking dish or tupperware for marinating.
- Pour balsamic over the top, sprinkle with garlic and allow to sit for 20-60 minutes.
- Grill on medium until slightly charred and mushroom texture is softened. Approximately 5 minutes.