A butter board is super easy to make and can be used with your favorite ingredients.
Use a good quality butter, we used two blocks of Kerrygold. Then add your favorite toppings. For this recipe, we caramelized onions and mushrooms, topping those ingredients off with fresh herbs.
Here’s a few other suggestions for a butter board:
- Butter, Roasted garlic, lemon, thyme, chives, red pepper flakes, spicy chili oil and honey
- Butter, Goat cheese, figs, strawberries, honey, cinnamon and crushed walnuts
- Butter, fried garlic, steak seasoning, fresh parsley
- Butter, bacon, sauteed mushrooms, sea salt, prosciutto, chili infused olive oil
Then simply serve your butter board with toasted bread, crackers, pretzels or your family’s favorite rolls!
1. Start with a clean cutting board or any food safe board and spread softened butter over your board. We used two 8 oz. sticks of Kerrygold butter.
2. Next, caramelize the mushrooms and onions by heating the olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add onions and Monterey Mushrooms High Vitamin D Sliced Baby Bellas with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring regularly until slightly caramelized (approximately 15 min).
3. Layer caramelized mixture over the top of the spread butter on the board.
4. Then, add in your roasted garlic pieces.
5. And finally, top with fresh herbs: rosemary, thyme and chives.
Check out these dishes for more amazing mushroom dishes that will have your mouth watering.
HOLIDAY RECIPES WITH MUSHROOMS
Whether with your extended family or neighborhood friends, the holidays are the perfect time to entertain. And the holidays are also the time to break out dishes featuring savory mushrooms for flavor and a nice nutrition boost. Start your holiday planning today with our Holiday Recipes with Mushrooms guide, including our favorite holiday appetizers, side dishes and drinks recipe.